The 2020 Swiss Cheese & Spotted Cows Bicycle Tour is canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Safety is of paramount importance. Based on guidance from public health officials and other entities, it’s simply not safe to proceed without putting the riders, volunteers, vendors or communities we visit at risk. Additionally, we were unable to obtain a needed permit.
To be kept in the loop regarding future Swiss Cheese & Spotted Cows bicycle tours, please join our mailing list.
Swiss Cheese & Spotted Cows
A bicycling adventure exploring picturesque towns in southern Wisconsin...
Join us on a fully-supported bicycle tour as we explore the best of southern Wisconsin. Ride along quiet, pastoral country lanes dotted with small farms and enjoy the unspoiled natural beauty and charming, vibrant towns we visit. The trip aims to capture the scenery and points of interest while enjoying the exceptional cycling the area is known for.
If your idea of a great bike tour includes delicious meals, fun and interesting off-bike activities, hotel/motel lodging, daily happy hours and some of the best cycling anywhere, this tour is for you!
- Start and end in Spring Green with overnight motel stays in the historic communities of Spring Green, New Glarus and Madison (2 nights), all of which have received numerous accolades and are on many ‘best of’ lists
- Enjoy Swiss entertainment and visit the New Glarus Brewing Company in New Glarus, America’s “Little Switzerland”
- Ride along Wisconsin’s vast network of lush, low traffic roads — perfect for cycling!
- Explore vibrant and bicycle-friendly Madison, where State Street and downtown are just minutes from your hotel
- Visit a cheese factory and brewery along with hops and dairy farms
- Enjoy melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon rolls, ice cream and chin drippin’ peaches en route, then quench your thirst and relive the day with your fellow riders at daily happy hours featuring local craft beers
- Visit the New Glarus Bakery and Maple Leaf Cheese and Chocolate Haus featuring some of the finest local & imported cheeses, chocolates, sausages and European coffees anywhere!
- 5-star rated by past trippers.
Comments from Riders…
“It’s really hard to come up with anything to improve this tour…. I like how there is just enough flexibility in the schedule and the events for individuals to choose what suits them best. There was no “forced” group participation, yet there was enough opportunity to join in that it seemed like it was fun for all.”
“A very good value for the tour. No other tour puts as much detail into their tours, thank you! I felt very safe signing up for your tour because of your dedication and attention to detail.”
“Beautiful country, great roads and wonderful points of interest along the way.”
“We would like to give the support staff a rating of a 6 (on a 1-5 scale) if possible. They were always going above and beyond.”