June 24 - 29, 2017
A bicycling adventure exploring historic towns in
southern Wisconsin's cheese country...
Mineral Point, New Glarus, Monroe and lovely Galena, IL
The rides average 60 miles/day with stops en route at local bakeries, chocolate and cheese shops. The trip aims to capture the scenery and points of interest while enjoying the exceptional cycling the area is known for. If you like picturesque country lanes, yodeling, post-ride happy hours, historic communities, brewery & cheese factory tours, indoor lodging, bakeries, chin-drippin' peaches, and some of the best cycling anywhere, this tour is for you!
Join us on a bicycling tour featuring the best of the driftless area of southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois---an area missed by the glaciers of many years ago resulting in rolling hills, hidden valleys and unspoiled natural beauty. Ride on quiet, pastoral country lanes dotted with small farms and enjoy the Scandinavian, Swiss and Cornish heritages of the quaint communities we visit.
Photo courtesy of the WI Dept of Tourism.
Enjoying some post-ride refreshments at the New Glarus Brewing Co, home of
Spotted Cow ale
- Start and end in Mineral Point, WI, one of America's Distinctive Dozen Destinations, with overnight motel stays in the historic communities of Mineral Point, New Glarus, Monroe and Galena, most of which are listed in Midwest Living's Best Small-Town Getaways.
- Hear yodeling, enjoy Swiss entertainment and visit the New Glarus Brewing Company in New Glarus, America’s “Little Switzerland”.
- Tour a cheese factory and brewery, visit a farm and even milk a cow!
- Enjoy melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon rolls and chin-drippin' peaches en route, then quench your thirst and relive the day with your fellow riders at daily happy hours.
- Layover day in charming & historic Galena, IL, consistently earning top honors for its Main Street.
- Visit the New Glarus Bakery and Maple Leaf Cheese and Chocolate Haus featuring some of the finest local & imported cheeses, chocolates, sausages and European coffees anywhere!
- Enjoy the many art studios and galleries in Mineral Point, a charming community reminiscent of a rural English village.
- Lush, low traffic roads---perfect for cycling!
5-star rated by
Limited availability. Openings include both male and female looking for same gender roommate.